Dear fellow Ham,
You are invited and encouraged, if you have not done
so, to join or renew your membership to the Austin Amateur
Radio Club. Also, please join or renew your membership
to the ARRL.
The Benefits of Membership:
1. Lets have fun! Amateur Radio is a
hobby and should be fun! It is a social hobby. By participating
in club events you will meet other hams that share your
2. Mentoring Do you need help learning a new
mode or just stuck on a project?
3. Elmering Are you ready to upgrade your license
or have friend that want to get licensed?
4. Equipment to use AARC has radios and test
equipment for members to borrow.
5. Help with installations The club is a great
source of (expertise) opinions and elbow grease.
6. Resources for PS projects Are you a member
of another service organization that needs people or
communications support? AARC can likely help.
7. Socializing - Remember that Ham radio is what geeks
did before computers. Hi-Hi. There are many brilliant
people in our community. AARC is a great way to meet
and mingle with people that share the same hobby
HAM RADIO! (and computers)
8. Education There is a plethora of educational
and instructional information available to ARRL members
both in print and on their website.
9. Information The club disseminates information
and promotes discussion of radio and technology via
on-air, Yahoo! Groups, and our own mailing list.
10. Legislation Both the AARC and the ARRL are
monitoring the actions of your legislators at the local,
state, and federal level. We take action and call you
to action when needed to protect our bandwidth and our
11. Access to the AARC Equipment Loaner program.
12. Monthly newsletters.
The AARC and The ARRL are the Voice of Amateur Radio
in Central Texas / Hill Country.
Together we can protect the airwaves, serve out community,
and support the continuation of the hobby and technological
If you are involved in another Ham organization or
SIG (Special Interest Group), please help us promote
the benefits of membership and encourage your members
to join both the AARC and the ARRL. Thank You
We have several places on the web to meet:
Austin Amateur Radio Club website: www.austinhams.org
(click on the Join button)
Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/austinhams/
(need not be an AARC member to join)
and in person: The First Tuesday evening each month, 7:00 p.m.
Applied Research Lab, 10000 Burnet Rd, Austin.
Club Membership is $20/yr for an individual and $30
for a family (same address).